Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
17 July 2007 Raspberry

Garden Forum » Archives » Edibles in the Garden Forum-Archives » 17 July 2007 Raspberry « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Durgan  Send Durgan a private message!

My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 11:40 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

17 July 2007 Raspberry

http://ibozo.notlong.com/ 17 July 2007 Raspberry.

These four plants were purchased from Home Depot in 2005. The plants grow to about two meters plus and are supported with re-bar rods, which will be improved for next year. The fruit is on last years stems, which will be cut to ground level after fruiting. The picture depicts the second picking and there will be a third picking. The first picking produced the same amount of berries. The berries are quite large and have an excellent flavour. The name of this cultivar has been lost.

I have another group which fruits later in the season. They are in their second year and they produce on new season's growth, and are cut to ground level for over-wintering. This is my first real experience with raspberry growing.

http://www.durgan.org/Blog/Durgan.html

Durgan - Ontario, Zone "5"
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Sunnyday2day  Send Sunnyday2day a private message!

Supporting Member

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Thursday, July 26, 2007 - 10:20 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Raspberries are my ultimate favorite berry! I buy frozen most often, but of course, love fresh picked the best. We have grown our own before but found keeping them up was too much of a chore and the bugs loved them so. :( Eaten with organic vanilla yogurt, Michigan blueberries, toasted slivered almonds, & Nutella...quite a treat, and healthy as well.

Sunnyday2day - Tanya-Michigan, Zone "5"

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com