Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
Does anyone have a Bottle Tree?!

Garden Forum » Archives » Techniques and Designs-Decorating Your Garden-Archives » Does anyone have a Bottle Tree?! « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Suebee  Send Suebee a private message!

Posted on Saturday, July 21, 2007 - 07:07 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Hi all

I saw a neat yard decoration at

Pallensmith.com and would like to have my own!

I thought it might be fun to add little white

lights inside. Do any GBs have suggestions

or pictures to post? Hmmm.... what comes in

blue bottles?

Suebee - California, Zone "7a "

Cindym  Send Cindym a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Saturday, July 21, 2007 - 09:06 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Some spring waters come in blue bottles. You can buy a case of cobalt blue wine bottles here ... http://www.ebrew.com/wine_bottles/bordeaux_blue_punt.htm

Bottle trees were common in the old south. Eudora Welty wrote about them in some of her books. http://www.bottletree.net/Trees.htm

Cindym - Louisiana, Zone "8b"

Lovinlife  Send Lovinlife a private message!

Posted on Monday, July 23, 2007 - 04:01 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

From eudora Welty:
"Out front was a clean dirt yard"

I remember that my g'grandmother had lots of beautiful flowerbeds, but no grass. She raked the dirt in the yard, making little swirls in it, and gave my Dad the dickens if he walked on them instead of on the pathways. She was proud of her "clean dirt yard."

Lovinlife - Utah, Zone "5"

Suebee  Send Suebee a private message!

Posted on Monday, July 23, 2007 - 06:49 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Cindy,
My husband thinks I am nuts for wanting to hang empty bottles on a tree! I enjoyed those links.

Gloria,
I just love to hear about real people and days of old. I bet your Great Grandma was really something!

Thanks, both of you, for sharing :)

Suebee - California, Zone "7a "

Sunnyday2day  Send Sunnyday2day a private message!

Supporting Member

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 10:37 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Sue, we have a GB from SC, her name is Carolyn. She posted her bottle tree some time ago but I don't think it was this forum.. probably the Social forum. I like the idea of lights! :)

Sunnyday2day - Tanya-Michigan, Zone "5"

Flwrs4ever  Send Flwrs4ever a private message!

Posted on Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 02:03 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I saw them do a bottle tree on DIY.. they should have it on their site.

If you dont find blue bottles, couldnt you paint the inside of the bottles with a stain glass paint..

I hope to see pictures when your done..I wanted to save my Christmas Tree last yr to make one...my Hubby thought I was nuts

Flwrs4ever - rhode Island, Zone "6/7"

My Weather
Posted on Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 02:19 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Flwrs4ever wrote on Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 12:09 pm:

I wanted to save my Christmas Tree last yr to make one

I think that's a great idea!

My Weather
Posted on Tuesday, August 07, 2007 - 04:46 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Sue, are you capturing any evil spirits yet?

Thought of you the other day in the liquor store. I'm not a vodka drinker, but I noticed one brand had the prettiest blue bottle. There was something else in an aqua bottle that would look beautiful on a tree too. Guess that's an expensive way to collect bottles though unless you like to drink the stuff.

Zuzus_petals  Send Zuzus_petals a private message!

Posted on Saturday, September 22, 2007 - 04:45 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I love glass of any kind in a garden setting,
old colored bottles, gazing globes, you name it. *lol*

I, too, wanted a bottle tree,
but wanted to do it a little differently, somehow.
This is what I came up with - a suspended bottle tree -
Hubby made the simple copper "rack"
that holds the bottles, and the whole thing dangles from a tree limb.

I have also made several decorative pieces combining
little lights and salvaged bits of glass

I love the tiny lights inside the pieces of glass,
they remind me of fireflies.

Zuzus_petals - N. Carolina, Zone "USDA 8"

My Weather
Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2007 - 04:28 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Was going through my photo card today and found this from a visit to New Orleans last October.

FEMA trailer and bottle tree ...

Jennyhunter07  Send Jennyhunter07 a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Friday, March 21, 2008 - 12:27 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Plant Forum

My aunt in Texas Just purchased a bottle tree and Paid $800 for it that is crazy. So my husband is going to make them this will bust be the tree Rebar or wooden (wooden ones have 4X4 post and dowel rods for limbs) It has no bottles but you can find them at a dollar store near you. We are selling them for an affordable price (under $100) and you can tell us how many limbs you want for bottles or take the regular one that holds 12 bottles. We can do may shapes and sizes to fit your needs at custom prices. contact me at jennyhunter07@hotmail.com for more details or ordering information.

Thanks
Jenny

Plant Forum
Plant Forum
Plant Forum
Plant Forum

Jennyhunter07 - Missouri, Zone "?"

Lovincountry  Send Lovincountry a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 07:40 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Interesting ideas! I am new here to GB and already love it!

Lovincountry - Kansas, Zone "5"

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com