Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
! Charles got me an ... :) !

Garden Forum » Archives » Techniques and Designs-Decorating Your Garden-Archives » ! Charles got me an ... :) ! « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mimi  Send Mimi a private message!

Supporting Member

My Weather
Posted on Sunday, July 22, 2007 - 09:26 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Plant Forum
This post finds me sitting on my new serenity bench here in Wisconsin, the 3 babydogs with me, listening to the Beatles Abby Road album,watching my garden Charles, put together a beauty of a cedar arbor we found yesterday, for my new little garden that I am going to start. Still have not decided if climbing roses, or clematis, or glories will climb up it. I have seeds started in the greenhouse for the garden. Should be nice Fall planting. He is going to double stain it tomorrow, place copper caps on fence tops, and screw it to the fence.
Plant Forum

Mimi - Wisconsin, Zone "4b"

Verdant0green  Send Verdant0green a private message!

My Garden
Posted on Sunday, July 22, 2007 - 10:09 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

How sweet and thoughtful Hope you post pics after he is done staining etc it. What about roses *and* clematis?

Verdant0green - Northern California, Zone "9"

Monique  Send Monique a private message!

Supporting Member

My Favorite Photo
My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Sunday, July 22, 2007 - 10:14 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Mimi..~ Are you truly in ?

I am so happy for you..
Everyone needs their own spot~ Mary Engelbreight:)

Soyez Heureux!

Monique Quebec Zone 5

Starzgarden  Send Starzgarden a private message!

Posted on Monday, July 23, 2007 - 08:02 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

What a lovely gift,Mimi! You sound very happy. I vote for the roses and clematis as well.

Starzgarden - Michigan, Zone "five"

Lovinlife  Send Lovinlife a private message!

Posted on Monday, July 23, 2007 - 04:08 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Starzgarden wrote on Monday, July 23, 2007 - 06:08 am:

I vote for the roses and clematis as well.

So do I, Mimi. The only difficult part for me would be trying to decide which ones to plant. You *will* show us more pics when the project is complete, now, right?

Lovinlife - Utah, Zone "5"

Supporting Member

My Weather
Posted on Monday, July 23, 2007 - 11:08 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Merci, Monique. Je suis tres heureuxe!

VerdantOgreen He IS sweet & thoughtful, and it's fun that he is a gardner too.
Starzgarden I am sorta leaning towards a climbing rose. Have to do research. And ideas?
Lovinlife
we worked on another projest or 3 today, but photos are in the works

Posted on Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 06:37 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Mimi,one suggestion I have for a climbing rose is "New Dawn". Beautiful.

Plant Forum

Monique  Send Monique a private message!

Supporting Member

My Favorite Photo
My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 09:00 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

That's great Mimi~

I would do a rose and a clematis also.. Rose/Clematis one side..Rose Clematis other side..

Or.. My fav combo here ..as they bloom at the same time..Is La Comtesse de Bouchaud..and Betty Corning..Very Pastel..Do you prefer more vibrant?

Monique Quebec Zone 5

Sunnyday2day  Send Sunnyday2day a private message!

Supporting Member

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 09:50 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Mimi, you, Charles, WI, gardens, and three pooches definitely become each other! May you all live happily ever after in your gardens of grace, beauty, and harmony. Clematis and roses for sure! A climbing Iceberg rose would go beautifully with any of the darker colored clems. What color stain? I love copper caps...have them here as well. :)

Sunnyday2day - Tanya-Michigan, Zone "5"

Supporting Member

My Weather
Posted on Wednesday, July 25, 2007 - 01:40 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Starzgarden I do love a New Dawn Climbing rose. had one a few years back, by the 3rd year it did unreal. I believe it replaced the Dr. van Fleet, or so I have been told. It sure is a honey.

Sunnyday2day Thanks for the nice wishes! The 3 kids are a well blended family already, so fun to watch them interact!
The Iceberg is one that has been on my list for a long time. I see it is also in burgundy & pink, but I do think the white would be my choice. The stain of the arbor will match the fence. Fun part is too you can see it from different rooms of the house.

Posted on Wednesday, July 25, 2007 - 02:26 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Whatever you choose, I know it will be beautiful,Mimi! Nice to see you so happy. Awesome to be able to see the arbor from different parts of the house. Please let us see pics when all is completed.

Supporting Member

My Weather
Posted on Sunday, October 14, 2007 - 09:46 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Plant Forum just a sneak peek. Stay tuned

Lesliedon2000  Send Lesliedon2000 a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Sunday, October 14, 2007 - 10:32 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I love the angel and the stained glass! How pretty. Can't wait to see it covered with blooms!

Lesliedon2000 - Georgia, Zone "7"

Posted on Sunday, October 14, 2007 - 01:27 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Awesome,Mimi! The stained glass window,(which I am sure is your own creation) is lovely.
I can picture the angels with whatever blooms you have chosen framing her beautifully.

I showed this to DH and he said,"I like that".
So we're going shopping for wood and I already have an angel that will work just perfectly.
Thanks for the enabling.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com