Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
Help with crib

Garden Forum » Archives » Techniques and Designs-Decorating Your Garden-Archives » Help with crib « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ernief  Send Ernief a private message!

Supporting Member

My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 09:23 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I have a 1950s baby crib that was my brother's. Everyone says to throw it away, but I want to use it in my garden as a baby flower bed. I need ideas as how to preserve it and what to plant in it. I am thinking of using annuals, which means next year. It is cute. It is all would with decals.
Ernie

Ernief - New Hampshire, Zone "5b"

Claudia  Send Claudia a private message!

My Weather
My Time
Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 03:04 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Try spraying, or painting it with varathane. I'm not 100% sure how it will do in severe winters, but it should hold up against rain. Several good coats should do the trick. Just make sure you find one specifically for outdoor use. I love the idea and it's a wonderful way to re-purpose a crib!

Claudia - Washington, Zone "7b"

Ernief  Send Ernief a private message!

Supporting Member

My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 07:14 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

so claudia, did you get everything planted?

Ernief - New Hampshire, Zone "5b"

Claudia  Send Claudia a private message!

My Weather
My Time
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 01:45 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Umm, no? Actually, Ernie, I managed to get the weeding done but shied away from the area that will receive the plants. Today was spent dead-heading but with luck I'll get back on track tomorrow!

When you get the crib done and planted I hope you'll share some photos. It sounds like a grand idea!

Claudia - Washington, Zone "7b"

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com