Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
14 September 2007 Cherry Tomato Sweet Million

Garden Forum » Archives » Edibles in the Garden Forum-Archives » 14 September 2007 Cherry Tomato Sweet Million « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Durgan  Send Durgan a private message!

My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Friday, September 14, 2007 - 07:28 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

14 September 2007 Cherry Tomato Sweet Million

http://uixef.notlong.com/ 14 September 2007 Cherry Tomato Sweet Million. (Lycopersicon lycopersicum)

Different varieties of cherry tomato has been grown over several years. The only one that has merit in my opinion is the Sweet Million. The fruit has a perfect size and the taste is most pleasing all season. These pictures depict one plant which is grown on a trellis alongside the deck, shared with the Morning Glories. We pick the fruit as required and partake almost daily. The plant produces from about 15 July until the frost arrives. The quantity of fruit is far more than the requirements for one family. Everyone, who has eaten this tomato, in my experience has positive, complementary comments.

http://www.durgan.org/Blog/Durgan.html

Durgan - Ontario, Zone "5"

Cindym  Send Cindym a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Saturday, September 15, 2007 - 02:08 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I don't think I've tried Sweet Million. I'm so enamored with Sun Gold. Guess I should provide equal billing to at least another. The best thing about cherry tomatoes is they provide plenty to share. What's not to love about that!

Cindym - Louisiana, Zone "8b"

Lovinlife  Send Lovinlife a private message!

Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 - 12:43 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I have four volunteer cherry tomatoes this year and do exactly as you: a walk-about every afternoon to pick the appetizers for dinner. I really like the way you've grown these.

Lovinlife - Utah, Zone "5"

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com