Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
Lasagna Garden Layers

Garden Forum » Archives » Techniques and Designs-Composting and Soil Amendments-Archives » Lasagna Garden Layers « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gardenshowlady  Send Gardenshowlady a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
Posted on Tuesday, February 04, 2003 - 06:00 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Here is a link that explains one of the easiest ways to make your soil ready to plant WITHOUT digging.

By laying down newspaper and then layers of oraganic stuff, your soil will be so fertile and the worms do the work!

http://www.lasagnagardening.com/heck.html

What do you think?

Carolyn SC Zone 8a

Periwinkle  Send Periwinkle a private message!

Posted on Wednesday, February 05, 2003 - 11:50 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Carolyn: I made my first lasagna bed last summer and started a long one, 4' x 25', along my kennel fence. It's so cool because you can put down all the ingredients and then plant right away, again without digging up the sod. I planted sunflowers, morning glories and broom corn in the little bed - planted immediately after making it.

The long "kennel bed" I started late last Fall and will add the other browns & greens (manure, compost, etc. this Spring. I will plant lots of vines to grow on the fence

I love lasagna gardening! Look at the natural products you're using-a great way to recycle newspapers. In fact, it was kind of funny--when I was preparing the lasagna bed along the kennel, I ran out of newspapers and had to use old seed and plant catalogs! hee hee

periwinkle No. Wisconsin z3b

Wendy  Send Wendy a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
Posted on Wednesday, February 05, 2003 - 01:45 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

THere's a book called Weedless Gardening that I read over the winter that promotes similar philosophy. It was very helpful on the details and provided a lot of background.

Wendy
North Central Massachusetts - Zone 5A

Carolyn  Send Carolyn a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
Posted on Wednesday, February 05, 2003 - 08:29 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

We've been doing this for years but didn't know the name. Lasagne Gardening, Cute.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com