Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
New bird feeder

Garden Forum » Archives » Techniques and Designs-Decorating Your Garden-Archives » New bird feeder « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Clary  Send Clary a private message!

My Favorite Photo
Posted on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 10:14 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

This feeder is squirrel proof...Not that I have to worry about squirrels I just thought it was pretty. It's spring loaded so if something heavy stands on a perch the weight pulls the whole outside wire unit closed over the seeds. It took the birds a few days to find it but now it's one of their favorite hang outs.

Clary
California Zone 9

Sheba  Send Sheba a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 10:26 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I like that one! My feeders are "functional" and not pretty to look at.

Sheba - Indiana - Z5

Kniphofia  Send Kniphofia a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2003 - 05:30 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I have that feeder too Clary and it does work against the squirrels, they love the black sunflower seeds that are inside but as yet they haven't managed to pilfer from this one!

It's pretty too!

iced feeder

Sue Central Maine z4

Plantynut  Send Plantynut a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Time
Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2003 - 05:36 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Clary and Sue I have that one too. I got it last year. And yes, it does work.

Arlene Zone 7 Long Island, NY

Monique  Send Monique a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Time
Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2003 - 07:50 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I have admired it before..I think in Florida..great taste in feeders.Clary I still love your trellis you made.

Mnique Québec Zone 5

Clary  Send Clary a private message!

My Favorite Photo
Posted on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 12:14 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Thanks Monique...The trellis will hopefully have a rose growing up it soon.

Sue looks like you have the ultimate bird feeding station set up there !! And I just love the effect of the ice hanging from the roof....don't think mine will ever look like that

I think the three of us have very good taste in birdfeeders !!

Clary
California Zone 9

Vtskiers  Send Vtskiers a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
Posted on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 11:05 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

That is a pretty feeder and I've eyed it in the past. I've been able to control squirrels by using baffles on the feeder poles and caged feeders. My problem is grackles and they are back right now in droves. Sometimes the weighted perch feeders deter them...hmmm.

Sue
Wethersfield, CT USA Zone 6a

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright ©2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com