Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
Heyyyyyy....I ordered

Garden Forum » Archives » Techniques and Designs-Composting and Soil Amendments-Archives » Heyyyyyy....I ordered « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jak3  Send Jak3 a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 08:25 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

a hundred bags of three-in-one to amend my gardens. They were 12 bags short.

three-in-one

Julie; Merrickville, Ontario, Canada, Zone 4

Plantynut  Send Plantynut a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Time
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 08:28 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Oh that is going to be a lot of work.

Arlene Zone 7 Long Island, NY

Euphorbphreak  Send Euphorbphreak a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Time
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 09:34 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Now what exactly is your plan to work this all in? By hand? Tiller? What's 3-in-1 mean? You are one ambitious woman!

David, the other CA, USDA z9b, Sunset z17

Kvilledude  Send Kvilledude a private message!

My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2003 - 05:12 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I am curious what 3 in 1 is also? Have never heard of it.

Kvilledude North Carolina Zone 7
http://community.webshots.com/user/nckvilledudes

Deb  Send Deb a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2003 - 06:50 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Triple mix I would guess...topsoil, peat and compost.
You will be busy that's for sure!
Hey Julie does that wall get enough sun for a clematis? I can see a trellis there....
Don't mind me... any vertical surface I am itching to put a trellis on it.

-Deb-Ontario Zone 5

Jak3  Send Jak3 a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2003 - 08:32 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

You are right, Deb, triple mix, peat, composted manure and loam. Good thought about the trellis - I must admit I hadn't thought of that, but now that you have mentioned it- guess what I will get for Mother's day??? Yes,David, this will be worked in by hand. I already moved 50 bags, used to fill up my raised vegetable gardens, raise my side gardens about 4 inches, top dress the grapevines and the daylilies, and I also have a large shade garden that I am rejunenating this year. Last year I was suffering from a severe whiplash and could not even rake, so I had to pay to have my yard work done. I am so pleased to be able to do the physical work again - and I had my last physiotherapy session on Tuesday.....

Julie; Merrickville, Ontario, Canada, Zone 4

Sheba  Send Sheba a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2003 - 10:15 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

If you're not careful, you'll be going for your NEXT physiotherapy session next week!

You can get this stuff already mixed???!!!???

Sheba - Indiana - Z5

Kvilledude  Send Kvilledude a private message!

My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Saturday, May 10, 2003 - 08:34 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Julie, I bet you are ecstatic about being over your whiplash and able to get back out there and get gardening. That's what it would appear with your wall-o-3 in one mix. Have fun!!!

Kvilledude North Carolina Zone 7
http://community.webshots.com/user/nckvilledudes

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com