Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
Conversational Arbor

Garden Forum » Archives » Techniques and Designs-Decorating Your Garden-Archives » Conversational Arbor « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mzmunchken  Send Mzmunchken a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2003 - 03:27 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Hubby made this for me last week from scratch. It isn't the gazebo we had originally planned but I think I love this so much more.. it sits in the middle of the circle.. I will make leaf stepping stones from the patio out to it and hubby will make a small entrance arbor at the entrance to the circle..

Trish ~ North Florida ~ Zone 9a

Pink  Send Pink a private message!

Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2003 - 05:18 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

That is absolutely beautiful. Hope we get to see it again when you have all he bells and whistles added.
Meg

Pink ND Zone 4

Plantynut  Send Plantynut a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Time
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2003 - 05:28 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Your husband is very talented. How lucky for you.

Arlene Zone 7 Long Island, NY

Monique  Send Monique a private message!

Click to see a larger profile photo of Monique

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Time
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2003 - 07:05 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Trish..What can I say?
I think it is perfect!
Now what are your plans to grow up this beauty?

Mnique Quebec Zone 5

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2003 - 08:15 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

thank you...

I have already planted wisteria.. a white climbing up one side and a purple climbing the other side. As our sun is so fierce and this is in full sun I thought that the wisteria would provide great shade.

Bloomorselse  Send Bloomorselse a private message!

Posted on Monday, June 09, 2003 - 06:48 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

It's it beautiful on it's own, but I can't wait to see it dripping with wisteria blooms. My hubby was just admiring a friends canopy swing (bought from Canadian Tire), but maybe I can talk him into building me a similar type frame like yours but instead of benches on either end, we would build a wooden bench swing inside. We could kill two birds with the one stone. He would get his swing and I would have place for more clematis to grow. Thanks for the idea.

Joan B New Brunswick Canada Zone 4b

Kniceone  Send Kniceone a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2003 - 08:40 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Oh I really like that. Your DH sounds like mine - he made my arbour for me too. I'm waiting for a pergola but I may change my mind and get him to copy this one. It looks so inviting! Lucky Lady you are!

Jodi, ONT, Z4, Great White North

Susanq  Send Susanq a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2003 - 09:25 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

That's a wonderful arbor - your hubby is a
talented guy. I really like the benches.

SusanQ - Zone 4b-5b Wisconsin

Janet43945  Send Janet43945 a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2003 - 01:34 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

That is really a great arbor,tell DH I say a masterpiece.

JANET OHIO zone 5

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2003 - 10:57 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

thank you all. We are both so pleased with the way it turned out. I planted daylilies and white crinums in the bed on either end so that something is blooming when the wisteria is not

Deb  Send Deb a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 06:57 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Beautiful! You are lucky he is handy with the woodworking.

-Deb-Ontario Zone 5

Gardenshowlady  Send Gardenshowlady a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 07:51 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

What a Keeper!! Both your hubby and the arbor! I can just imagine all the great memories you will have... moonlight chats with the wisteria in bloom!

Carolyn SC Zone 8a

Woodelf  Send Woodelf a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2003 - 02:24 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Very nice! It's fun to decorate our gardens.

Ro, CT Zone 5

Gayle_nj  Send Gayle_nj a private message!

Posted on Monday, September 01, 2003 - 03:41 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Beautiful! I have visions of a red comforter and the neighbor's purple sheets draped over the top to provide a break from the chilly winter nights. It'll be lovely. LOL

Gayle NJ Z7

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 05:33 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

*LOL* Gayle... I was thinking that.. how can I cover the arbor with some Dan Rivers sheets so I can leave plants in there ....

Gayle_nj  Send Gayle_nj a private message!

Posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 05:50 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I think your beautiful new arbor deserves something more than just what you have on the bottom of the sheet pile or what your neighbor might put out. I think you should go shopping now for something with a little more flash and dazzle and a very high thread count. Perhaps Restoration Hardware?

Gayle NJ Z7

Karalyn  Send Karalyn a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Friday, November 28, 2003 - 12:32 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

OH, that is just beautiful!

Your hubby did a great job. I will have to show mine now. Does your hubby want to write down any instructions? lol

Karalyn Idaho Zone 6

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com