Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
Make an obelisk-easy!

Garden Forum » Archives » Techniques and Designs-Decorating Your Garden-Archives » Make an obelisk-easy! « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gardenbug  Send Gardenbug a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2003 - 08:21 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

My friends in town make these pottery finials. I stuck 3 bamboo stakes in the ground and tied them together with twisties..then covered them with the finial. Now my rose and clematis have a place to grow together.

finial

Here you see the beginnings:

TP

gardenbug Ontario, Canada zone 5b, USDA zone 4

Kniceone  Send Kniceone a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2003 - 08:44 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Hey Bug - that looks great and easy too.

Jodi, ONT, Z4, Great White North

Sheba  Send Sheba a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2003 - 10:34 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Great idea!

How is the trellis attached to the metal siding? I have a large white wall like that I'd like to soften the look of. It gets morning sun and I was thinking the metal might heat up too much to have the foliage right against it.

Sheba - Indiana - Z5

Gardenbug  Send Gardenbug a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2003 - 11:00 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

DH nailed the trellis to the side of the driving shed. You can add two or three thin pieces of wood inconspicuously behind the trellis to make a greater distance between the wall and the plant. I wanted to do this, but wanted to stay married also! The nails (very long ones) are inserted where the beams are located on the inside of the building.
Hope this helps!

gardenbug Ontario, Canada zone 5b, USDA zone 4

Kvilledude  Send Kvilledude a private message!

My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2003 - 11:21 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Looking good GB. I bought one of those ceramic toppers similar to the one you have. I painted mine and then polyurethaned it and at one time I used mine just like you are currently using yours except I used those green plastic stakes that you can get in various lengths. Right now mine is inside sitting amongst some other finials as a decorative doo-da.

Kvilledude North Carolina Zone 7

Janet43945  Send Janet43945 a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2003 - 01:32 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Now that is a great idea Gardenbug and easy is what I need.

JANET OHIO zone 5

Sheba  Send Sheba a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2003 - 07:41 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Thanks, GB! This will go on my list of projects.

Sheba - Indiana - Z5

Frostycurls  Send Frostycurls a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Time
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2003 - 11:27 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I visited a garden today where the gardener had a very similar idea but she used copper pipe instead of
bamboo.

Penny Oregon Zone 7

Kvb  Send Kvb a private message!

My Favorite Photo
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2003 - 07:47 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Penny I was just about to wonder if you could do that with copper pipe, and now I know the answer!

Very pretty Bug, but I know what you mean about the staying married thing....

Kate in Suffolk Zone 8

Barb_i  Send Barb_i a private message!

Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2003 - 11:32 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Thanks for the idea!

Barb British Columbia Zone 7

Monique  Send Monique a private message!

Click to see a larger profile photo of Monique

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Time
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2003 - 06:33 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Great idea..Need a finial maker though
I like the natural look of it with the artsy topping.

Mnique Quebec Zone 5

Bonitoad  Send Bonitoad a private message!

Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2003 - 04:11 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

What a great idea...I learn something new every time I pop in....

Bonitoad Canada Zone 7b

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com