Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
I did it! (Part 2)

Garden Forum » Archives » Edibles in the Garden Forum-Archives » I did it! (Part 2) « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gardenbug  Send Gardenbug a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
Posted on Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 08:52 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

July 23rd, and the whole veg garden is weeded! There are flowers on the eggplants and canteloupes, curlycues on the garlic, little green peppers beginning to form. I thinned out the carrots today, hoed all around the tomato plants too. Then I admired the chard (Bright Lights), the kale too, and then planted beets, radishes and arugula. The red cabbages are amazing too. So I guess it is worth it all, but me oh my, what a job it is! The sprinkler is watering the raspberries as I type.

gardenbug Ontario, Canada zone 5b, USDA zone 4

Ej  Send Ej a private message!

Click to see a larger profile photo of Ej

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 09:58 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Photos are a must!

Ej So. Calif Zone 10a Click to hear a voice greeting from Ej

Jak3  Send Jak3 a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 08:54 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Mmmm, sounds great! Have you had any beans or peas? Ours are all done already!

Julie; Merrickville, Ontario, Canada, Zone 4

Greg  Send Greg a private message!

My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 09:41 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Oh my gosh, I've had a busy day too. Started with a two hour bike ride this morning before the sun got too hot. Then three+ hours on my hands and knees fighting the crab grass in my garden. I did get it done though. Then I had to do some grocery shopping. Afterwards spend a couple hours picking canada red chokecherries for a barch of wine. Got back and made dinner for the family. Then I had to clean those cherries. I started another batch of wine today. Phew --- I'm exhausted.

Anyway, In the garden -- Peppers are forming on all the plants, tomatoes are starting to get loaded down with green fruit but I'm disappointed with my brandywine. There's only a couple tomatoes there out of four plants. Garlic should be ready to harvest in a week or two. Pulled out my bush beans. The pole beans are beginning to produce. Cucumbers are starting to climb the fences and I've eaten a half dozen or so already.

You can see the latest pictures on my web page listed below:

Enjoy Summer! You're gardenbuddy, Greg, NDZ4 Click to hear a voice greeting from Greg

Ej  Send Ej a private message!

Click to see a larger profile photo of Ej

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 10:10 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Greg to see your garden ones needs only to click on "My Garden"

Ej So.Cal. Zone 10a Click to hear a voice greeting from Ej

Gardenbug  Send Gardenbug a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
Posted on Sunday, August 10, 2003 - 09:41 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Time to start weeding again! We have been using rosemary, basil and oregano from the garden. Twice served chard. The rabbits got the carrots I had to thin out. Tomatoes are green. There are a few baby eggplants starting and loads of canteloupe blooms. I need to check the beets as well. There are 4 huge red cabbages that look ready.

gardenbug Ontario, Canada 5b, USDA 4

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com