Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
Todays crop....

Garden Forum » Archives » Edibles in the Garden Forum-Archives » Todays crop.... « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kniceone  Send Kniceone a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 05:39 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Jodi, ONT, Z4, Great White North Click to hear a voice greeting from Kniceone

Greg  Send Greg a private message!

My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 07:04 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Oh yummy. I can imagine this with fresh basil and mozarella drizzled with good extra virgin olive oil.

Greg, ND Zone 4 Click to hear a voice greeting from Greg

Kniceone  Send Kniceone a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 07:59 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I'm going to make "brushetto" with these ones on some lightly toasted garlic bread! YUMMY! Want me to save you some?

Jodi, ONT, Z4, Great White North Click to hear a voice greeting from Kniceone

Susanq  Send Susanq a private message!

Click to see a larger profile photo of Susanq

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 08:01 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

The Sweet 100's are the only ripe ones in my tomato patch too. Hopefully in the next week I'll be able to pick one of the big ones! Basil, olive oil and balsamic vinegar - YES!

SusanQ - Zone 4b-5b Wisconsin

Greg  Send Greg a private message!

My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 06:23 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Well, here's my tomato report for this year. It hasn't been a great year for toms --- very wet and cool in the early summer, and then dry and cool the rest of the summer. We just haven't had the heat that they really love. Anyway . . .

Brandywine -- none ripe yet -- a bit disappointing in yield. Four plants and maybe a total of 8-10 tomatoes on them.

Stupice -- Already have harvested a dozen or so small 1-2" fruits and a lot more out there. Early ripening and quite tasty. But small.

Sioux -- This looks sort of like a plum tomato in shape. A bit larger than the stupice. None have ripened yet, but the plants are loaded.

Valentine -- Yeah -- have picked two so far. Tomates are about 3-4" and the yield looks like it will be good. The taste is not too acidic and very tomatoey.

Greg, ND Zone 4 Click to hear a voice greeting from Greg

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com