Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
Raised Beds

Garden Forum » Archives » Edibles in the Garden Forum-Archives » Raised Beds « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jak3  Send Jak3 a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Sunday, September 28, 2003 - 09:56 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

DH built three raised beds for me to grow vegetables for the family. The boxes are 4 x 8, made with corner brackets from Lee Valley. We filled them with bags of black earth, composted manure, and triple mix. We grew tomatoes (huge crop!), garlic, snow peas, carrots, beans (yellow and green), beets, chard, spinach, lettuce, radishes, parsley and sage.
enough to enjoy, and enough tomatoes for salsa and soup! Very satisfying for me, both as a gardener and a cook!

Upload

Julie; Merrickville, Ontario, Canada, Zone 4

Euphorbphreak  Send Euphorbphreak a private message!

Click to see a larger profile photo of Euphorbphreak

My Weather
My Time
Posted on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 08:23 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Those are amazing. I wish I had such skill at building beds like this, and raising veggies like this! Do you can or freeze or preserve any of the veggies for winter use?

David, the other CA, 9b/17

Greg  Send Greg a private message!

My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 08:57 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Those look great! I thought about raised beds, particularly since my garden spot is rather low and gets flooded every now and then. But, I thought it would be difficult to get a tiller in there. If I had the space, I would do like I saw one time --- leave the grass, but till up rows about 2-3 feet wide to plant in. Then you can kneel on the grass to weed the vegies.

Greg, ND Zone 4 Click to hear a voice greeting from Greg

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com