Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

As long as they get to the point like the first picture they will be ok. I did try a dark cycle before in the past and a dark cycle did help. They seemed to stretched more with the dark cycle. I have daylilies growing under the same lights, so I haven't bothered doing a dark cycle.

I have tried doing what you said Terry, but it's difficult to cut through the hard seed coat, while trying to hold the seed without breaking it off. I will try the cotton and let you know how it works.

Maybe with the wet cotton, cutting through won't be so difficult. I will try it.

I do spray the seed coat with water twice a day, but doesn't seem to help any.
    Last edited by Guff; 01-12-2014 at 02:07 PM.

Latest PM cannot be sent due to space at your end.

Can't wait to see what this cross produces. I have seen some of our crossed in two to three years, nothing the first year. Best of luck. With hard outer coats on some of the seeds we gently squeeze the outer seed until it pulls off.

I never thought of that, will give that a try. Thanks for the tip.

Never had an issue with the outer seed coat not coming away as the cotyledons fully emerge.

I've had this same problem with some of my rose seedlings. I've tried removing the seed coat but have never succeeded in doing so without damaging the seedling so I no longer try to do it. They're so fragile at that stage that any attempts to remove it usually ends up beheading the seedling.

First one with a leaf showing...........countdown starts....tick tock
    1 year to flower attempt 1 21 2014.jpg

The seed crop is not good! Have to earth (1 cm) covering the seeds. You will be fine. So it will not be good germination.

the first is very large

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast