Thread: Finally Spring!

Default Finally Spring!

We have a bad Helleborus spring here. In winter it was too warm with extremely much rain, so many plants flowered in December. Then suddenly came hard frost - many flowers are frozen - as shock frosted.
    So just bloom here. I see this for the first time in 20 years.
    Very few... its sad.
    f_DSC3596.jpgf_DSC3601.jpgf_DSC3600.jpgf_DSC3595.jpgf_DSC3598.jpgf_DSC3621.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by marylou; 03-31-2016 at 03:05 AM. Reason: double pictures

Very pretty!! Thanks for sharing them with us.

Very few??? The first one the color is special and all the doubles you have. I bought this year for the first time doubles only three. This is fabtastic donn't be so shy I am glad you showed us. Perhaps there is somebody who has more but you showed us on GB and that is for the members of GB important for the site is still there althought many people went to facebook. Thanks very much for sharing

Lots of nice hellebores, Marylou - I have enjoyed your pictures more than one time - wish I had some of these beauties in my garden!

A great selection, especially like the first double.

Spectacular! Sorry you had a disappointing year.

Forgot to mention the bract colour on the photo of the purple single...

It's too bad that our plant friends don't get to enjoy the warm winters the same way we do (although I think that plants and people alike can all do without the sudden refreezes). They still gave a nice display for you. They are all very beautiful! Those are lovely pics.

marvelous hellebores! I do love the single flowers with veins and yours are outstanding.

We have experienced a snow-less winter with april's weather in march and now it seems to be march weather in april?
    It seems in this type of grow and freeze cycle the hellebore will skip its flower and go into foliage growth?

Now the foliage grows wonderfully. Of course, it lacks the flowers. The leaves, however, is healthy and perfect. A year with so few flowers I have not experienced for over 20 years.