Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hi all

Bruce, your Hellebores are fantastic!

Just breath taking!! Thank you for sharing.

Very nice Hellebores - so colourful! Thanks for sharing on these grey days!

Thanks everyone, it is good to be back. The flow process of camera to upload has returned! Though I have to say things have changed greatly in the last few years. The changes are a shock.

.Anyways to confuse things with these rugged pretty little gems there is one more species that belongs in this group that further confuse.
    Please understand that I'm not an expert, the Helleborus species is very confusing and overlaps exist. I have a hard time distinguishing H. torquatus and H. multifidus apart as well as H. multifidus from some H. hercegovinus.

Then there is H. croaticus and H. atrorubens. H.croaticus is a long-lived, hardy perennial. I have a few different forms.
    H. atrorubens I have tried different forms and all have perished over time except for the one below.

atro.jpg

below H. (HXH) X croaticus
    hxh-x-croat.jpg

below H. (HXH) X torquatus
    hxh-x-torq-2.jpg

hxh-x-torq-3.jpg

hxh.,.jpg

hxh-x-torq.jpg

below HXH
    hxh-an.jpg

hxh,,.jpg

hxh-tm.jpg

hxh.jpg

hxh-dark.jpg

hxh,.jpg

dbl-p.jpg

hxh-dbl-p.jpg

HXH cross of an unknown species
    hxh-sm-1.jpg

Drooling here in Georgia! Are these growing in pots in a greenhouse?

thank you spring is coming to see this al, The small little red is also very special and the double blue . Should be nice to see them all together Thank you vry much

No Alice, these are from spring 2016! My Hellebore season starts in April. I have not been able to share my hellebore with you in the recent past due to illness, no it is not a terminal illness, but it certainly slowed me down! Recovery has been slow and GB is part of my therapy. I bet many buddies are of age and get slowed down from time to time!
    This past fall I started dividing and moving hellebore, I have many years of new seedling hellebore waiting to be transplanted from seedbeds that will need to be evaluated.

Love to see other hellebore from others, it is the hellebore season!

My last seedbed three years ago contains some new H. torquatus for my collection. Maybe we will see flowers in a couple of years, picture below from spring 2016

H. torquatus dark, form from Serbia
    torq-serb.jpg

My hellebores are beginning to bloom here in Georgia.

hi bruce, some wonderful species and hybrids that you show! i am especially fond of that blewish overlay shown in some plants.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12